From Fred Parle to Lloyd & Anne Le Maistre
I received the attached from Anne Le Maistre who I remember Denis mentioning in 1984 and this may be the link that he requires, so there we are. Hope you are keeping well. I’m at the boilers TG.
From: Anne L. Le Maistre
To: Fred Parle
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001
Thank you for your email ... it's nice to know there are still Parles in Ireland!
I appreciate any leads you can give me as to others who are already researching my Parle line. I have attached a report on Richard Parle, my GGgrandfather, who is our link between Ireland and Australia. If you have any questions, please let me know.
Anne L. Le Maistre
Name: Richard Parle
Cause of Death: Tonsil Asthma 
1: Mary Spellicey
1. "Letter from Kath Parle", to L. D. Evans, 5 October 1991, (photocopy on file).
2. "Parle-Spellecy Family Tree," L. Donald Evans, December 1991, (photocopy on file).
3. "Death Notice for Richard Parle," The Argus, Melbourne, Victoria, 6. July 1909, page unknown, (photocopy on file).
4. "Marriage Certificate of Richard Parle & Mary Spellecy," Married 25 July 1860, at Glenorchy, Victoria, (photocopy on file).
5. "Death Certificate of Richard Parle," Died 5 July 1909, at Ballarat, Victoria, Original held in 1991 by L. Donald Evans (photocopy on file).
6. "Birth Certificate of Honora Margaret Parle," Born 4 November 1877, at Glenorchy, Victoria, Victorian Pioneer Index, 1837 - 1888, Registration No. 22616, (photocopy on file).
7. "Birth Certificate of Thomas Patrick Parle," Born 14 February 1881, at Glenorchy, Victoria, Victorian Pioneer Index, 1837 - 1888, Registration No. 3140, (photocopy on file).
8. "Parle-Spellecy Family Tree," L. Donald Evans, December 1991, (photocopy on file), source of grave location.
9. "Letter from L. Donald Evans," to Christopher Le Maistre and Patricia (Briggs) Le Maistre, 7 December 1991, (original on file), quoting Electoral Rolls.
10. "Death Notice for Richard Parle," The Argus, Melbourne, Victoria, 6 July 1909, page unknown, (photocopy on file), without house number.
11. "Death Certificate of Mary Parle," Died 5 July 1916, at Footscray, Victoria, Original held in 1991 by L. Donald Evans (photocopy on file).
12. "Parle-Spellecy Family Tree," L. Donald Evans, December 1991, (photocopy on file), quoting the "Aurora" passenger manifest.
13. "Marriage Certificate of Richard Parle & Mary Spellecy," Married 25 July 1860, at Glenorchy, Victoria, (photocopy on file), year and county only.
From: Fred Parle
To: Anne L. Le Maistre
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 7:08 AM
Subject: Downunder Parle Walkabout.
Thanks for reply and I give you the main hitters in this ongoing quest for the facts. Denis is Grandson of James from Wexford, who you may well have been in contact with. I’m named after his Uncle Frederick Parle a WW1 infantry hero.
Michael is my younger brother in Dublin who is our ace at connecting people but whose main achievement has been to pull this worldwide sleuthing together. Both will be of assistance I feel sure in tying the Blackwarer and Sydney connections together, then Voila madame !
From: Tricia Kruger
Sent: Sunday 9 December 2001
To: Michael A Parle
Hi everyone...I've just been introduced to the Parle Family site and can't wait to add what I've learned over the years. I am one of John Joseph Parle's grandchildren who was the fifth child of James Parle and his first wife, Mary Butler.
The information I have collected comes from my Mother, Jean Jarratt (nee Parle), the oldest daughter of John Joseph Parle. She currently lives in Collaroy, NSW and is soon to be 93 years young! I am Jean's youngest daughter, Tricia (Patricia Kruger) and live in Grayslake, IL in the United States. I have also researched certain birth/death and marriage records at the library in Sydney when I have been home on vacation through the years. (All bolded names indicate that the surname would be Parle.)
According to my mother, James Parle my great grandfather, became a master builder of some renown in Sydney. He was what she called "landed gentry" and at one time owned large sections of property in both Mosman and Miller's Point (suburbs of Sydney). He died in 1915 (doc. #70390). James and Mary (Butler) had six children:
James Parle married Elizabeth McCoy after Mary died and they had 10 children:
1&2) Herbert C. and Richard P. born 1884 (Twins) (doc. #8401964),
3) Arthur H. born 1885 (doc. #8502306),
4) Frank A. born 1889 (doc. #8095600),
5) Austin N. born 1890 (doc. #9002917),
6) Harold W. born 1892 (doc. #9202014),
7) Charles Septimus, born 1893 (doc. #9339662),
8) Frederick Octavius, born 1895 (doc. 9519499), died 1963 (doc. #570235)
9) Dorothy R. born 1897 (doc. #9728326)
10) William L. born 1901 (doc. #47)
I believe this information has opened the door to lots more information on
the Parle Family ... at least in Australia. If you would like to contact me
on the internet my address is email@example.com. Please use the subject "Parle
Family" so I will recognize the mail. Thank you and I hope find the material
Great Grand-daughter of James Parle
Website by Michael A Parle
This page last changed on 02 December 2009